If you had to pick one sweet treat that’s synonymous with summer it would be s’mores, and with this easy to make recipe for S’Mores Candy, there’s no campfire needed!
Is there anything better than a 3-ingredient recipe, especially one that delivers this much flavour & fun!
As simple as melting the chocolate, then stirring in the graham cracker pieces, and totally adorable mini marshmallows, the toughest part is deciding on what size to make them.
For cuteness factor and ability to keep fingers (relatively!) clean, use a mini muffin pan and pretty little liners. They also store and transport very well this way, making it easy to take them to a picnic, backyard party or wherever summer fun takes you.
Make them a bit bigger by using a regular size muffin pan, and corresponding paper liners. They’re available in so many colours as well as themes, you could really have fun with them – especially if serving these at a themed party! For whichever size you use, the paper liners really do help keep fingers from getting too messy. But then again, some may not consider it a problem to have chocolate covered fingers!
If you don’t have a muffin pan to use, or just don’t want to use one, you can make them free form, by dropping spoonfuls of the mixture on a parchment lined baking try. Whatever size you make, they can simply be cut into pieces – best done after they’ve chilled & set up in the fridge. Remove and let them come to room temperature, and they’ll be soft & gooey.
To really make it easy on yourself…? Pour out the entire mixture as one large piece on a parchment lined tray, spreading it out about 1 1/2″ thick, and cut into pieces when chilled.
Whatever size you make, the S’Mores Candy stores very well covered in the fridge – for the taste of summer, whenever you want it!
- 8 ounces milk chocolate
- 1 cup graham crackers, broken up into pieces
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, a mini muffin pan with paper liners or regular muffin pan with liners (or use a combo!)
- Gently melt the chocolate in a bowl that’s large enough to combine all the ingredients, over simmering water. When it’s just melted remove from heat and stir until smooth. Let it cool down somewhat; if you add the marshmallows too soon, they will melt.
- While the chocolate is cooling, break up the graham crackers into pieces of about 1/2 inch. Do this over a bowl to catch the crumbs, and save a mess!
- To the cooled chocolate add the graham cracker pieces and marshmallows. Stir with a large heatproof spatula so that everything is covered/combined.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto the parchment, or into the paper lined muffins pans, in basically whatever size you want. Refrigerate until set.
- Yield depends on what size you make, and if/how you cut them down.