Who would believe that something so delicious is made from just one ingredient!
These salty, crispy chips are perfect with any glass of bubbly.
These salty, crispy chips – also known as Frico – are gonna blow you away!
In Mr. Rocco’s recipe he uses a frying pan to make one giant chip – that’s broken up into pieces. Others suggest using a baking sheet and making them individually. I’ve tried both ways and prefer the latter; see what works best for you.
For something this fantastic to be made only one ingredient – that one ingredient better be damn good. In this case it’s one of Parma, Italy’s best known exports: Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
These salty, crispy chips are so addictive I’ll warn you right now; once you start eating them, it’ll be hard to stop!
Perfect. Delicious. Simple. Show off your kitchen chops and pair these with your favourite glass of bubbly, next time you have guests coming over. Impressive…. hell, yeah!
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- Heat your oven to 350°
- Combine the cheeses.
- Using a tablespoon, make mounds of the cheese on parchment lined baking sheets, at least 2 inches apart. Press down lightly on them.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, until golden and lacy.
- Let cool before serving, they will crisp up.
- Store uncovered, to keep their crispiness.
- *Tip: make bite size pieces by using a teaspoon.