This recipe is brilliant! Startlingly easy, fantastically delicious, I had actually put off making it, thinking it was one of those things that’s too easy… and therefore too good to be true.
I do love it when I’m wrong about these things!
After popping the mixture in the freezer, I wondered just how the texture would turn out. I mean, ice cream… made without a machine?! I had, most certainly, done a taste test and was immediately wowed by the flavour. And that it took about 10 minutes to make.
Turns out, for my freezer anyway, the suggested minimum freezing time of 6 hours was too soon. After another quick taste test (YUM!) I smoothed the top, obscuring the evidence of my impatience, and popped it back in the freezer. Good things come to those who wait.
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 TBSP instant espresso powder
- 2 TBSP coffee or espresso liqueur
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- Add the sweetened condensed milk, instant espresso powder and liqueur (is using) to a large bowl and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl whip the cream until it reaches soft peaks, and then fold into the condensed milk mixture.
- Pour into an airtight container and freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Scoop, serve and enjoy~
- This can of course be made without the liqueur.